“Ting, ting, clang” is the sound of instant reward!
Shooting steel targets can be very gratifying and FUN if you know how to shoot them! Our range, Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club (RSSC) holds an exciting and addicting steel match every Tuesday night. This match is perfect for the beginning and intermediate shooter! If you think you’re ready to shoot this event and want to take away some of the first-time match jitters, Kip & Deb are offering a Tuesday Night Steel (TNS) preparation class!
Send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like an application to register for the TNS 101 Class!
- 2-Day Class – October 27 & 28, 2010
- TNS Match – November 2, 2010
CLASS FEE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Completion of HerHandgun Basic Firearms 101 Class or equivalent – This class is not for women who have never shot
- 9mm or larger caliber gun
- sturdy belt
- 2-4 magazines & mag pouches
- hip holster that covers the trigger/trigger guard
- Eye & ear protection
Note: If you don’t have all of the equipment, HerHandgun may have belts, mag pouches & holsters available for loan.
- 600 rounds of ammunition (200 rounds each night)
- Class fee = $100.00 – request an application via e-mail for registration
- Tuesday Night Match fee = $10 for MEMBERS of RSSC or $12 for GUESTS – to be paid at time of match.
Tuesday October 26th:
Students are required to attend the SAFETY meeting at the range starting at 6pm. You must attend the meeting before you are allowed to shoot the match. You may go to the safety meeting any Tuesday prior to this date, if desired.
Wednesday October 27th:
Students meet at the range in Practical Pistol Bay 2 at 5pm for:
- Gear set up
- Basic shooting skills review
- TNS rules and procedures
- Different start positions with hands and gun
- Moving from one shooting area to another
- Target acquisition
- Trusting your sight picture
- Using props and dealing with them as obstacles
- Strong hand/weak hand shooting
Thursday October 28th:
Students meet at the range in PP Bay 2 at 5:30 pm.
- We will shoot courses of fire similar to those at TNS, incorporating the basic skills you learned the night before
- We will shoot with the regularly scheduled HH Practice Match attendees, which will simulate a match environment
- We will learn how to load & unload under the supervision of a Range Officer
- We will learn how to score stage runs and operate “The Board”
- We will have fun and become more familiar with our firearms & basic match operations!
Tuesday November 2nd:
Everyone will meet at the range and we will shoot the match together!!! We should try to meet by 5:00 p.m., but may be able to accommodate a later schedule for those that cannot get off work.