Debbie and Kippi host PRACTICE sessions / matches for WOMEN ONLY at Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club in MESA, Arizona.
Check the SCHEDULE Page for Practice Match & Class DATES.
LADIES – Due to our high safety standards, our practice sessions are invitation only. If you are a “classified” competitive shooter, you are welcome to attend. If you have NEVER SHOT A PRACTICE MATCH, you MUST have completed our BASIC PISTOL 101 class or have “Match CLEARANCE” from Debbie and Kippi prior to competing in a HerHandgun practice session. Please arrange to meet with us to obtain “Match Clearance”.
YOU ARE A PERFECT CANDIDATE FOR OUR LADIES-ONLY PRACTICE MATCHES IF:
- You are female – sorry guys, you have lots of other matches to choose from!
- You are familiar with range safety.
- You know and follow all gun safety rules.
- You know to safely LOAD and UNLOAD your gun.
- You know how to safely SHOOT your gun.
- You know how to safely RELOAD your gun.
- (Optional) You have your CCW permit.
- You have taken and passed a basic pistol instruction class (if you’re brand new to shooting).
- You want to shoot in a low-stress, supportive environment with other women.
- You want more exposure and experience shooting your gun.
- You want to become more proficient & accurate when shooting your gun.
- You’ve always wanted to shoot a match, but have been a little intimidated by the complicated stages and the crowds of people.
- You want to have FUN!
- You have no previous match experience, you’ve shot a few matches, or you’re a classified practical shooter!
PRACTICE MATCH REQUIREMENTS:
- A revolver or semi-automatic pistol.
- 100 rounds of FACTORY ammunition in the caliber of your firearm.
- Belt, Holster & Magazine Pouches (optional, but suggested) Click HERE for equipment recommendations!
- 2 – 3 magazines (minimum) – if you have a semi-automatic pistol.
- 3-4 speed loaders – if you have a revolver.
- Eye protection – CLEAR lenses for the evening matches.
- Ear protection – preferably electronic muffs so you can hear conversation and instruction.
- Closed-toe shoes – The range is dirty and the terrain is rocky / uneven.
- Medium-to-high necked shirt – Trust us … You do NOT want any hot brass getting into your clothing!
- A bag to keep your gun, equipment, ammunition, etc. in.
PRACTICE MATCH INFORMATION:
- Summer – 4th Thursday EVENING of every month.
- Winter – 1st Sunday AFTERNOON of every month.
- Check our SCHEDULE page or the Rio Salado CALENDAR for specific dates or changes.
- Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club in Mesa, Arizona.
- Go the THE RANGE page for more info on the club.
- Summer Hours
5:00 p.m. – Registration and safety briefing for new attendees.
5:30 p.m. – Registration for advanced participants.
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Practice Session!
- Winter Hours
12:00 p.m. – Registration and safety briefing for new attendees.
1:30 p.m. – Registration for advanced participants.
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Practice Session!
- $ 10.00 – Rio Salado Members
- $ 15.00 – Rio Salado GUESTS
HerHandgun – Beginning Firearms Classes – Pistol Classes For Women Only – Couples Pistol Classes – Phoenix and Mesa, AZ